Here’s a quick look at the final episode in the series, The Future of Real Estate (Season 1), below:
Well, friends. It’s been a ride! Over the last 3 months, we broadcasted a web series called the Future of Real Estate, which documented the day-in-the-life of up-and-coming LA realtor, Edward Hutchinson. The series climbed to over 1 million views in the span of 12 weeks, which means one thing:
THE ULTIMATE REALTOR PERSONAL BRANDING EXPERIMENT WAS A SUCCESS!
Tuning in for the first time to The Ultimate Realtor Personal Branding Experiment? Let us explain…
As a company that builds powerful branding and marketing tools for real estate agents, we decided to test our new platform by choosing one promising realtor (Ed) and putting him and us to the ultimate test.
Our mission: Measure how fast we can establish his personal brand in LA by performing the ultimate personal banding experiment.
Ed’s mission: Sell $30 million in real estate by the end of 2017.
Why did we pick Ed? We wanted to showcase someone who is new to a certain housing market to show just how powerful personal branding can be, even when starting from scratch. While Ed has experience in the London real estate market, he recently moved to LA with his wife and dog George, to try and make it in LA.
We also wanted to showcase a realtor who understands the importance of personal branding and social media to grow his real estate business. Lucky for us, Ed’s was just the guy!
How did we do it? With the help of our (wonderful) in-house videographer, we stitched together different videos and social media posts that Ed created, which showcased his life as a realtor AND his life outside of real estate. Then we threw in some upbeat and inspirational music on top and VOILA! The first-ever “Future of Real Estate” series at your fingertips.
During the series, Ed showcased these three topics:
- LA Mansion Tours
- Real Estate technology
- Ed’s reality outside our real estate (i.e. surfing and his cute dog George)
We decided to establish a goal for Ed (sell $30 million in properties) to create a long-term vision with short-term motivation in each episode. Ed and his real estate partner, David Johnstone, still have 1 month to reach this goal, but the last time we checked in with Ed he was already at $20 million in sales and says he’s certain he’ll reach $30 million by the start of 2018.
To put the progress of the series into perspective:
Here are our big takeaways from the experiment:
- Creating a longer series allowed Ed to accumulate more views and traffic over time. Realtors who are posting content to create business should start to do so more regularly and consistently to attract more engagement.
- Episodes that started with Ed surfing or of his fluffy dog, George, did the best in total views. This shows us that more realtors should be sharing a mix of both their personal and professional life.
- Episodes with “LA Mansion Tours” (episode 10) did the best! Every realtor should be coming up with a niche like this that they can record and share with their specific audience.
What we will do differently in the future:
- Viewership went down when Ed went to London in episodes 4 and 5. This shows us that realtors should probably focus on sharing content that is relevant to their market audience.
Episodes that had subtitles also had more viewers. This taught us to put subtitles on all videos as it is more accessible to all!
- There were many episodes that showcased “LA Mansion Tours.” As this segment was shown more and more, viewership went down. We think this is because viewers wanted more variety in the episodes. Note to realtors: Keep your content fresh!
All said and done, our hope is that realtors who tuned in to the series learned just how impactful personal branding and social media marketing is for a real estate agent’s business. We look forward to continuing the Future of Real Estate series with Ed and other up-and-coming realtors, but for now, we can’t help but beg the question…
What’s keeping you from picking up your smartphone and pressing record on your own “realtor reality show”?
To be continued….
Check out the entire Future of Real Estate Series here: